Wednesday, April 15, 2009

final project for figure drawing

For this project, Josephine wanted us to make a project with at least eight nude figures, using the models in class.  This made it tricky because we couldn't predict which models would come in and how they would pose.  I did full size pencil sketches in class and then filled in the color in my room.  The biggest paper I found was not big enough so that is why some of the figures do not fit on the entire page.


the sketch that inspired this project

This is the first one I did.






As I finished each one separately, I pinned them up on the walls of my room so that the pastel would not smear.  This is what my room looked like:


After I was finished, I took each one outside to spray them so they wouldn't smudge as much.  I taped them outside the apartment to dry.





The next step was to cut them out.

After cutting them out, I mounted them on cardboard.  













No comments: